Monday, January 20, 2014

Katie~ mother of 3

We just received this great letter from one of our Core Foundations Online Clients...we are blessed to hear stories similar to this every day!



"Before starting the tummy team, I knew I had a Diastasis but did not know if it was possible to heal this condition, and did not fully understand how this condition was affecting many aspects of my health.  After each of my three children were born, I found myself gradually back at a healthy weight where I did not want to lose any more weight, but with a protruding tummy.  I appeared to have excess belly fat, and I often thought this was just part of having babies.  My tummy protruded more than ever after my third child, and even at a healthy weight, I found I only fit into my stretch pants comfortably.  I went to a postpartum P.T. in town who specializes in losing the "pooch" who tried to help me, but had me doing some crunch exercises that were making matters worse.  I read a book about belly fat, bought some postpartum videos (filled with crunch motions done by women who appeared to have "perfect" postpartum tummies without even a stretch mark to show), incorporated cardio exercises into my daily routine, and I ate very healthily.  I still felt very frustrated and sad about the appearance and feel of my body.  After researching all my options on the internet, I came across the Tummy Team website.  Since I had never purchased an online program before, I was skeptical.  I am so thankful I made the decision to try the Tummy Team program.  I felt the knowledge I gained from the first week alone was worth the investment.  I lost a total of five inches around my waist in eight weeks, with no change in my diet, and no cardio exercise (I only focused on the Tummy Team program postural changes and exercises during the eight week program).  I started off with a deep, three finger width Diastasis at my belly button, and it was completely closed after three weeks on this program.  I now fit into my clothing comfortably and I no longer have a protruding tummy.  I love how structured this program is, making it easy to fit into a busy schedule.  The timing of the progress always seemed perfect for what my body needed.  For example, when I was feeling my upper body needed help, there was a focus on upper body stretches.  I have always had poor posture, and for the first time in my life I have great posture that feels natural, and effortless.  I no longer suffer from low back pain.  My digestion has also improved, along with a greater awareness and understanding of how issues with digestion were further damaging my core.  One symptom that surprised me the most during this program was I noticed a disappearance in foot pain.  Before starting this program, my feet hurt first thing in the morning and throughout the day unless I wore running shoes in the house.  Now I go bare foot all day around the house and notice no foot pain. 
            The founder, Kelly Dean, is very knowledgeable, friendly, compassionate, and professional.  I felt she really cared about my healing journey.  I love the option of Skype sessions with her, for one on one support.  Also, the private Facebook group is supportive in that a person can ask all of their questions on there with prompt helpful feedback and support from Kelly Dean and members who are also working through the program, or already completed the program.  I will definitely sign up for the Tummy Team Prenatal program if we have any more children!"
                                    ~ Katie, mother of three children

No comments:

Post a Comment