Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Story~ Becca~ mom of 2.

I took the Tummy Team's "Perfect Pushing" class in 2010 when I was pregnant with my second child.  I had previously had a cesarean delivery in 2008 after five long hours of pushing that didn't move my large (and unfavorably positioned) son.  Along with regular chiropractic care to help promote ideal positioning, I wanted to prepare myself with exercises that would really help me focus my efforts and push effectively.  I enjoyed how thorough the class was, and did the exercises faithfully throughout my second and third trimesters.  When my daughter was born in 2011, I had a much faster labor and pushed on my own (without being coached).  My memory of that part was a little foggy (it was a short and intense labor!) but I only pushed for about 20 minutes when she came flying out like superman, with a nuchal hand and a 14.75" head.  I am so thankful for the information and exercises I learned from the Tummy Team, and the role they played in helping me achieve a successful and healthy vbac.

No comments:

Post a Comment