Sunday, February 3, 2013

My Story~ Gretchen mother of 1.


I wanted to share my story of tummy empowerment.

I'm a 40 year old mom of a 9 year old. Ever since the pregnancy I experienced a bulging belly button and abdominal weakness. Over the past few years I noticed a developing mini-tummy, being noticeable on my thin frame. Last year I developed an inguinal hernia that I underwent surgery for. While there weren't any complications, and the surgeon explained that the hernia was normal for thinner women, I understood that my lack of core strength might have contributed. I tried yoga and strength workouts, to no avail. From the advice of super hero pelvic P.T., Tami Kent, came a referral for the strengths and wisdom from Kelly Dean of the Tummy Team. Kelly and I corresponded over email and met shortly after for a one-on-one session. Kelly found that I had a 3 finger-gap, almost as deep, at my center and points above and bellow. Even after testing myself, I didn't discover my weaknesses as Kelly did. She provided me with a handful of simple exercises that I would do daily to develop my transverse abdominis that had weakened with the birth of my child. While still not perfect, I have been amazed at my progress. Kelly taught me how to carry myself in a more supported way, avoiding positions that increased the finger gap. My work with the exercises became more proficient and I am pleased to report progress, greater ease of movement, and continued slimming of my gap. Thank you Kelly and the Tummy Team for your help and for the training to heal myself!

-Gretchan J.
Portland, OR
.

No comments:

Post a Comment