Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Story~ Julie, Mother of 3 and 1 on the way!



The Tummy Team works!  It truly does! 
Before doing the Tummy Team:  I was 33, my third daughter was 2 years old, and I still looked quite pregnant.  Not because I was overweight but because I had no muscle tone in my stomach.  I had had enough!  Even more important than how I looked was how awful I felt!  My back constantly ached.  I had to see the chiropractor regularly because my spine & ribs kept popping out of place.  My formerly "regular" bowels were sluggish and causing constipation (and further strain on the hemorrhoids I had developed during my second pregnancy).  My posture was horrible and looked really sloppy.  Overall I just felt unhealthy and unattractive!  My husband and I were planning to conceive our fourth child soon, but I really wanted to get my core strong BEFORE I had another baby stretch my tummy out again.  I wanted to feel stronger during this next pregnancy, not to mention push more effectively.  I also knew doing the Tummy Team before pregnancy would help me get my core strength back quicker after pregnancy.

During the Tummy Team:  I love Kelly!  She is such a likable gal, and so very knowledgeable.  She was super encouraging and helped me to progress in my core strength, but without being bossy or harsh.  The educational videos were excellent.  I did the Tummy Team with a group of gals, and ALL of us had incredible results.  We are talking diastasis closed, bowel-control, urinary-control, posture and spinal problems remedied or greatly lessened!  Most of the gals even lost several inches off their waistline!  I would highly recommend doing your Tummy Team rehabilitation with or at the same time as another person.  We all communicated via a Facebook group during our 6 weeks, and it was incredibly helpful to have encouragement and accountability from others "in the same boat."

After the Tummy Team:  Talk about results!  I went from having a separation of 3 to 3.5 and medium-deep down my tummy, to being 1 to 1.5 and shallow!  (1 is closed, so I only had a half-of-a-finger width separation left!)  My posture was great and I felt so much more confident about myself.  My back problems virtually went away, and my bowel issues greatly improved.  And, as an added bonus, I lost 4" off my waistline.....without losing a single pound!  So as you can see, I am a huge believer in the Tummy Team.  I have literally recommended it to dozens of people!  

Update as of Six Months Later:  I am currently 5 months pregnant with baby girl #4 (yay!), and have felt so much stronger during this pregnancy!  I truly believe that my knowledge of my core will greatly help with pushing this little girl out efficiently.  And after this little one is born I can't wait to use my belly splint and my core-strengthening exercises to get my core health back!  The Tummy Team is truly a gift that keeps on giving throughout a lifetime.  Still so grateful for Kelly and the Tummy Team!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment